Add an Email Recipient
Important: Before you add an Email recipient, be sure you have configured the SMTP Settings so that Remote Notification is able to send emails from your Home Server.
- Open the Windows Home Server console, and navigate to the Remote Notification Settings tab. On the Receive tab, click the “Add” button.
- Enter your email address into the Username and Hostname fields of the Add Recipient dialog.
- Next, select “Email” as the Recipient Type.
- Choose the severity of notifications that you want to receive at that email address, and choose whether you want to receive suppressed notifications.
- Configure any exclude filters to prevent messages being sent when a notification contains specific text.
- Configure the Notification Schedule if you wish to not receive notifications during a certain time of the day.
- Save your recipient, and send a test message to make sure the configuration is correct.