We are pleased to announce the release of Remote Notification version 126.96.36.199 which includes a number of new features plus a few minor bug fixes. The biggest new feature is a Mac Connector application that offers Windows Home Server Health Alerts on your Mac desktop as well as reporting of Time Machine backup status to your Windows Home Server for centralized reporting and alerting. The current backup status of all Macs that are running Remote Notification is also included in the Daily Email Reports.
- Learn more about the new Mac features
- Learn how to upgrade Remote Notification on your server
- Learn how to install and configure the Remote Notification Mac Connector
Those of you that are already using Remote Notification should receive an Update alert in Remote Notification within the next 24 hours. We recommend that you always upgrade to the latest version. Below is a full list of changes in the new release, and you can download the latest version here.
Released May 24, 2011
- Feature: Mac application displays WHS Health Alerts on the Mac Desktop via a menu item
- Feature: Mac application reports Time Machine backup status to the server for monitoring and alerting
- Feature: Mac Client status is displayed in the Daily Reports if you have any Macs configured
- Feature: More details in short message formats (Twitter and SMS), fully utilizing them to their max length when possible
- Feature: Added “Create Debug File” button to Advanced settings tab to facilitate easier support
- Bug: Windows Updates times in Daily Reports now correctly reported in Local time rather than UTC time
- Bug: Recipient Add/Edit dialog updated to properly enable the Save button when settings are changed
- Bug: Don’t allow Twitter recipients to change their Recipient Type, must delete and add new Recipient instead